From: Jaime Salud Castillo, Jr. [mailto:jaims@philonline.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 11:18 PM
To: Niles, Shawn; 'Andy Shaw'; celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: On Bird & Pitino

I thing you are wrong.  You are equating that a good team + anybody =
winning...  Let's apply it to the Lakers, good team + Rambis or Del Harris =
losing

That shows you even if you have a great team but you can't get it to run in
a good way, you will lose.  Bird does  it well but comes up short of going
to the finals but he wins every season.  Still, there's always a promise
shown in every season he coaches because of his ability to steer his team
thru great team work and fundamentals....that's so unlike Pitino's.