Re: On Bird & Pitino

Hi Joe.

If you're voicing out that we need a new and better coach SOON, then I am
100% with you, man.  Good mixing of talent and fundamental skills and a lot
of good motivation from the coach are what I think are ingredients of a
champion team.

I love defending Bird because he backs up what he says.  Pitino doesn't and
lies all the time.  I don't like that.  I'd rather have a frank and tactless
but truth-saying talker that does what he really says.

It doesn't matter if you inherit a good or a bad team personel-wise.
Whether you get either you have to get something of a chemistry going, and
Bird really should be commended for mixing up a good brew in Indiana.  I
agree that Pitino inherited a mediocre team but I think he should have at
least shown some semblance of good team work and chemistry at the same time
respect with each and every player and respect between coach and players
vice versa.  The way I see it he thinks that college style coaching will win
in the NBA by instilling complete control and fear to his "subordinates"/
players.  With Pitino continuing to take out and bring in new ingredients,
the team will go nowhere with this type of thing....who knows what he'll
create...a monster, I guess.

I agree with you, Joe, that Bird really helped the Indiana team work a notch
higher and play as a team.  He inherited a team with big ego players but has
managed to calm thing down and maximize each and every talent he has in his
team.  I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOMEONE DO THAT IN MY FAVE TEAM...wouldn't you
guys?

I have respect for Pitino's coaching ability but this ability of his
definitely doesn't fit the Celtics, period!  He should know this and just
walk away....