Re:Tommy, Bird/Pitino-better coach and the trade

Tommy was on CBS until he was fired after the '86 season for being a
homer (?) He then hooked up with SportsChannel and has been a mainstay
until SC was bought out by FSNE. GO WAL-TUH!

While neither Bird nor Pitino has won a title coaching at this level,
Pitino did turn Kentucky around and win. Bird, I believe has improved
Indy, whether by motivation or by his winning past. I am not still
"hooked" on Bird, but he came dangerously close to upsetting the Bulls
in '98 and has them focussed this year, as well. Who picked Indy this
year with the "new rules"? My question is: Are the C's better off with
Pitino or ML? ML got more out of what he had. ML's problems as coach
were related to ML the GM's player signings. At least he got Mercer and
Twoine (for Eric Montross?!) Thanksdad could have kept ML and saved the
$50 mil for Pierce. Pitino better admit defeat after this season, step
upstairs and hire Dave Cowens before he heads over to the Clip joint!

Just when I thought it was safe to invest in a C's jacket and go to some
games. That trade stinks. Sorry, but Fortson should have gotten a better
looksie and starting minutes (sorry, Batman) before Pitino pulled the
trigger. If we hurry, maybe we can trade V to LA to get Travis Knight
back. That was one good move Boston made: steal Travis, load him up with
$22 mil and then send him back to the Fakers.

Well, I guess all we can do is pop in the vintage games on VHS. Anyone
want to trade?

Steve