Fortson/Bird

Re: Fortson: I just don't get this trade.  We must have been able to do
better.

Re: Bird: Well let me be the first to start this rumor.  Bird said he would
be back right?  Just not with this team, right?  That this team has a lot of
problems, right?  But he will be in the building, right?  You think he is
going to try and buy this team in the future?  Bird and what corporation?

I said it first.  I can only hope.

The Gaston's can't compete anymore.  Time to move on.  They must know it as
well.  Keeping the team under the cap, for now, will make it easier to sell.
This team is more then a couple players away from a championship.  The
Gaston's will never be able to do it again.  Red's knowledge of players
coming out of college was based on relationships with the coaches.  Now
everyone has ESPN.  There are no surprise players anymore (except as
failures).  This is what Glavin was supposed to add.  It never happened.
It's entertainment now.  The Gaston's are out of their league.  Pitino can't
make chicken salad out of .............     He needs better tools to work
with.  Though Bird wouldn't keep him.

<Jim