Re: that's it?

>From: W <titans@ihug.com.au>
>
>Come on guys, Fortson was only playing 15 mpg its not as if we've traded
>Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker for a pair of second round draft picks.

Here's the important thing to remember.  Regardless of what any of thought
Danny COULD contribute, he actually was contributing very little.  If Alvin
Williams is at all able to play point guard and use his size and athleticism
to improve the Celtics' pressure defense, it will improve the team.  Hell,
if he can play 12 minutes without getting undressed, he's an ugrade over the
play Dana's been giving this year (as much as that pains me to say).
Perhaps Paul M. is right about Danny, and he just isn't as good as we were
hoping.

So, will this move help the team?  Probably.  You know, point guard play
could be the biggest reason most of the bench look like bums so often.  Was
this a good trade?  I don't even know how to begin to make that assessment
anymore.  The reason everyone hates the trade is that they had this image of
what the team would look like with the addition of a tough, defensive,
rebounding animal, that just never materialized.  We won't know if that ever
could have been until we see how Danny's career unfolds.  I do wish him
luck, though.  He left Denver for the chance to play more, thought he would
get it here, and did nothing but work hard and let his coach know how he
felt.  you can't ask more than that.

Jim