Re: BSG's thoughts on the trade + readers' replies

Amen. My sentiments exactly. He said 3 seasons for the
playoffs, I'm willing to throw out last year. If by
the end of next year things haven't improved to the
playoff level, then I'd say his distractors can call
him I failure. I still may not. We'll see. I can see
light in the tunnel, in the form of Antoine's
improvement, Kenny's stability and leadership, and I
think biggest of all, the play of Vitaly recently.
With all this outrage over this trade and another
loss, did anyone notice what V did last night? 9-12
from the floor, 21 points, 10 rebounds, 1 foul? This
type of production has been seen more and more from
him in recent weeks. An encouraging sign. If Williams
can be a decent guy off the bench, that's exactly what
we need right now. We had Fortson, but he wasn't
fitting, we had him more for his potential and for
what he did last year, than anything else. Williams
should right away make a bigger contribution to this
team that Danny was making. I'm very disappointed
Danny's gone, because I loved the idea of having a
Charles Oakley type to straighten out messes on the
floor, but I think V is capable of doing that for us.

I'll go a step further, I'd take Pitino over 90% of
the coaches in this league.

Please Lord grant us patience....and dammit grant it
NOW!!!!

I dont think that it is anybodies fault. Remember,
Rick Pitino said that it would take three seasons for
this team to make it to the playoffs. At the time he
did not forsee that he would lose basically the second
year of that due to the lockout. If he doesn't make
the playoffs by the end of next season then yes, you
can call him a failure. I'm willing to wait until then
unless of course we acquire a player such as Sean
Rooks <g> who will cause this team to grind to a halt
and go
backwards; yes, I believe since RP has come in we have
gone forwards, not to the extent that many of us
expected, especially after such a wonderful first
season, but forward enough that we have light at the
end of the tunnel. There are a few people on this list
who can see that happening.

Yes, we're such a frustrating team this year, but,
we're a much better team than what we could have been
had ML Carr or another incompetent coach come aboard.
I still believe you'd take Rick Pitino over 80% of the
coaches in this league.

Patience is our only blessing and yes its hard. <g>