the trade/the future

Here's my take on the trade:

This team is terrible defensively. I expect Pitino to try to rebuild this
team in the mold of the Sixers, who get by fine with Eric Snow - an Alvin
Williams-type - at point guard. That's what I think Pitino/Wallace are
hoping for out of Williams - a good defender, low-turnover type - not Jason
Kidd.

I happen to think Fortson is finished in any legitimate terms in the NBA.
He's short, slow and foul-prone. I pull what little hair I have left out
when his supporters throw out his rebounds per 48 minutes. It would take
Fortson 3 ½  games to play 48 minutes because he can't stay on the floor. I
don't see his foul problems changing.

That being said, you'd think there would have been better offers based on
Fortson's inflated numbers from a year ago. Maybe not.

We've  all been saying for months that this team needs a backup point guard
and to get better defensively. Well, here you go.

Now, on to the future: I hope this isn't the last trade. This is a bad mix
of players that has the fans turned off from this team altogether. Remember
that Antoine for Ratliff and Hughes rumor? If Philly would do it, so would
I. This team is much closer to a top-five lottery position than the
playoffs. Make some changes, draft well and take a shot next year.

Most of us have been homers when evaluating our players. This team needs a
major overhaul.

I've been back-and-forth on this group all season. Not anymore. We need
changes. If they happen at the deadline, fine. If not, then after the
season. Either way, it's time to try something different.

Mark