Re: BSG's thoughts on the trade + readers' replies

--- You wrote:
Alvin Williams is twice the player Fortson is in THIS system.

WAIT AND SEE..

--- end of quote ---
I have 2 questions for you, Warwick:

1) If Alvin Williams is so good, why was he given up on by two teams, and why is he averaging 3 apg and 6 ppg on 41% shooting? I could understand giving him a look-see in more reasonable circumstances (summer camp, minimum wage signing, 2nd round pick etc.), but for Fortson???

2) If "the system" is so good, why are we the worst defensive team in the NBA, and, in the 3 years of using "the system", we're 0-for-3 in qualifying for the playoffs? Is it all players' fault, are they all bad fits for "the system", or perhaps not talented or dilligent enough?

Warwick, I DON'T CARE if Alvin Williams is a good player for this "system" - it has been proven to be a total failure in the NBA beyond any shadow of a doubt, and I wish both "the system" and its inventor would just disappear off the face of the Earth, or, better yet, be installed by the Lakers. Phil Jackson and his system for Spitino and his "system", anyone? Jerry West, are you reading this?! We'll even throw in Alvin Williams, Sean Marks, and an exhibition game vs. Toronto!