Re: Eric Williams

--- You wrote:
I, for one and maybe the only one, think Eric Williams will be a
valuable player for us for years.  As noted, he may be untradeable so
we'd better hope he continues to mature as a decent all around backup
forward.  We've missed him recently and I see him as an important part
of our 8 to 9 man rotation.  Just looking for a brighter side these
days.

Gene

--- end of quote ---

I still think Eric has talent to contribute.  But there are two problems:
1) he'll probably be injured most of the time for the rest of his career;
2) in those rare moments when he's healthy enough to play, he'll not probably, but surely be misused in some creative way by that condescending little screwup who couldn't coach Portland to the playoffs. He'll play shooting guard, or PG, or guard centers - anything but be allowed to do what he does best - post up and slash to the hoop.

Unfortunately for him and us, he's not going anywhere. If Spitino could only manage two 2nd round picks for him when he was healthy and had a small contract, what do you think he could get for Eric now - Dee Brown and another exhibition game from Toronto, perhaps, by packaging  EW with Pierce? Don't get me re-started on that cretin... It's IceCapades for foundation-type players again, folks, except this time the Celtics are at the other end of the bargain - not too mention that IceCapades were in much more demand in their day than an exhibition game vs. a middling expansion team could ever be.

Dialing TicketBastard right now to snatch those precious Toronto exhibition tickets while they still have them....