Tommy Gun goes off

I LUV those comments by Heinsohn. . . NOT. Old "Tommy Gun" really seems to
have a bug up his butt about Pierce. Maybe it's a reflex of feeling he has
to continually defend Walker, but he NEVER gives the kid (he's what? 22?)
ANY benefit of the doubt.

Last night was a good example. Pierce (just like Griffin, who shot 1-7) was
obviously gimping around (shot 4-13) but still giving it his all. Yet Tommy
wants to pin the lion-share of blame for the loss on Pierce not having his
"typical" offensive night (when the opposition shoots 67%?!). Meanwhile,
Pierce is laying down some of the prettiest assists you'd want to see
trying to get his teammates involved - but all Heinsohn can say is "he's
not having a Paul Pierce game" - all but implying that his lack of offense
is costing us the game!?!

Yet if Pierce were scoring Heinsohn would be no doubt be saying (as he has
in the past) "Is this all about stats? Pierce needs to do some
soul-searching". (Of course, needless to say, neither Twon nor Waltah can
do no wrong). Damn, Pierce nearly had a triple double! Yeah, I know, stats
don't mean as much in such a loss, but can you imagine what Heinsohn would
be saying if it were Twon? - "great leadership" no doubt. If I recall
correctly, Bird was also one who would compensate in other areas if his
shot wasn't dropping.

I like both Pierce and Twon, both are young (22 and 24) and both have great
potential. It's obvious that Pierce is already the better player and
possessed with more potential, but they have complementary skills. To have
people pit them against one another because they perceive one to be a
threat to the other is disgusting. . . and Heinsohn is the biggest culprit
when it comes to this kind of crap.

I wish I had Tommy's "remedy e-mail" so I could tell him myself! Damn, do I
miss the Cous!!

-TomM

PS:

Its a good thing Joe couldn't hear Tommy's comments about Fortson, or Paris
may have had a problem on its hands! Tommy rolled out the party line: in
essence (although he babbled on in a much more excruciating manner) Danny
wants too much money, hasn't shown anything during games(?!), and he
duplicates Twon's position (but certainly not his skills!!).