Ugly Loss

Well, that's it for me.  I'll keep watching the games this year, and try
to enjoy some of the developing talent on the team, but I've completely
lost any hope that this team is going to make the playoffs.  I thought
this moment was going to happen two games ago, when the C's almost lost to
NJ in the FleetCenter.  The C's were one play away from getting a vicious
booing by the crowd (not just Antoine, the whole team was awful) but the
bench pulled off a miraculous turnaround and the starters closed it out in
the 4th quarter.  Apparently they didn't learn a thing from that near
loss, as they completely mailed it in on the defensive end last night and
got exactly what they deserved.

This team is playing stupid, stupid basketball, which is baffling because
I think we have a solid level of talent (even the much-maligned bench) and
smart players.

Hopefully a draft pick or two can be traded for a solid 28-30 year
old veteran who gets respect from the refs and can show the youngsters a
thing or two.  The last thing we need is another 21 year old from the
draft acting like a matador on the defensive end.

Dan