Re: Nets: Griffin kept his faith on long, difficult road to the pros

Hi Kevin:

Nice article on Griffin. Thanks for finding it and posting it. It's amazing to read that
Griffin was cut by a team in the Philippines! I'm also surprised to hear that CBA
players only earn 1,300 dollars per month (even the MVP) over the 6 month season.

FWIW, a guy who now works in my office here used to play scoring point guard (27ppg) on
the rival high school team of Chucky Atkins.  They both got invited to the big
basketball camps and to play with Chris Webber and the like. It's hard to believe Atkins
and Amaechi have turned into such successful players. Griffin also needs to get back on
track.

Considering that we have a game tonight against Bird's Pacers, it's surprising that
Pitino didn't give any bench player more than 18 minutes last night.

Does anyone know why Potapenko didn't start and was the 9th player to get off the bench
(12 total minutes)? What a great strategy to start a headless chicken at center, since
Waltah and company were able to contain the Nets to just 46 points in the freaking first
quarter!

The entire Celtics bench contributed 2 assists last night. Anderson, Griffin and Walker
combined for just 4 more. That's pathetic.

Joe

****