leading board men

I think your facts are correct insofar as it is usually Griffin or Twon who
leads the team in rebounds, but not necessarily the implication (i.e., that
Battie and VP just don't "board"). Check out the average minutes played per
game and I think you'll see a key reason why our "big men" (certainly in
VP's case) don't pull down "big numbers". For example, tonight, even though
he was so efficient offensively that he lead the team in scoring, Vitaly
was still limited to his "24 minute max." Who knows what he could do if he
regularly got 40 minutes a night?

-TomM

PS: Just checked the stats for "per 48 minutes" and only two Celts cracked
the top fifty in boards per minute: Vitaly Potapenko at #26 (13.4 rbs/48
min) and Tony Battie at #34 (12.8 rbs/48 min). (Fortson must not have
enough playing time to qualify).