Re: Subject: 1 more perimter threat

> Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:26:55 -0800
> From: "John Lyell" <johnlyell@hotmail.com>
> Subject: 1 more perimter threat
>
> The more I think about someone like Wes Person the more I think an =
> acquisition like this could really help the Celtics. I think adding 1 =
> more perimeter threat could really open up Antoine's inside game even =
> more. Having Pierce, Anderson & a Person, Rex Chapman, Starks, Dell =
> Curry or even a Jeff Sheppard really make defenses respect your outside =
> game, thus giving you 1 on 1 opportunities down low where few in the =
> league can guard Antoine.

I agree that we need to improve our perimeter shooting/shooters. That's what Barros
and Cheaney were paid for, but somehow they are not striking any fear in the
players guarding them. Wesley Person's on a 40mil/7 year contract since Oct 97, we
will have to take his 5.7mill/year (average) well into '04. I think it is too
expensive and a cap liability for the C's.

I hope Cheaney/Barros will get back his shooting eye as the season progress

> I don't know where Pat Garrity fits in =
> Orlando's plans but I like what I have seen from him.

I think Garrity was a 1st round pick 2 years ago and this year is his contract year
(same draft as Fortson/Mercer/billups, if I am not wrong). From the 2 games I saw
on TV, he seem to have a good stroke, but I think he will not have the time to set
up his shot given Celtic's frantic style. Plays like a upgraded version of Matt
Bullard. I don't think he is much of a defender, so I don't think he fits here.

IMO.
kevin