Re: How about Glen Rice?

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, David J. Boutte wrote:

> The Lakers need a banger, so how about a Glen Rice-Danny Fortson trade?
> There probably would have to be some throw-in(s)--maybe Pervis--to make it
> work cap-wise. What do you think?

I love it -- IF -- Rice is willing to set aside his ego and be a gunner
off the bench.  I think with him in the starting lineup you run into the
same problem the C's did with Mercer -- three scorers, one basketball.
But he would be great off the bench (a la Ricky Pierce), a terrific three
point threat (which the C's could really use, what with Dana's game having
been scared by it's shadow and still hiding) and a veteran presence who's
not over the hill.

However, if he's unhappy being the third option in LA, I don't know why he
would be any happier being the third option in Boston.

Dan