Re: a q on Heinsohn and an FYI - D'Alessandro on Walker

>From: "Thomas Murphy" <tfmiii@worldnet.att.net>

>For example, Twon and Waltah can NEVER do wrong, but Pierce and Kenny are
>lucky if a game passes and they are not branded selfish slackers (I still
>can't forget earlier this year in reference to Pierce when Tommy said "he
>has to do some soul-searching"?!? and "it better not all be about
>stats"?!?). I can understand that he may want to counter-act some of the
>truly mindless venom from the Peter Mays in the world, but he is only
>succeeding in alienating people like myself (or my wife) who actually like
>Twon but can't stand Heinsohn's and Smithers' transparently one-sided
>favoritism.

Although I'm no older than you are, I think you've answered your own
question.  Tommy plainly wants to support his "teammate" who is under attack
(he will always think of himself as a Celtic).  With Pierce, I think you're
seeing Heinsohn the coach come through.  In some people's eye's Pierce can
do no wrong, and Tommy wants to keep his ego in check.  The comment the
other day about how Pierce just doesn't run hard enough was a strange one,
though.  And I have no explanation for this jewel from last night's game,
"Indiana are one of the few teams that can block Antoine's shot"!  Antoine
had just chowed down on a quadruple Spaulding burger.  I think Tommy's a lot
more balanced with the other players than you seem to. "I Love Walter" is
just a running joke now.

I was trying to think of some curse to wish on Dave D'Alessandro for the
worst piece of hack journalism I've read this century, but he already works
in Newark, and I couldn't think of anything worse.  What an ass.

Jim