RE: NBA Draft Lottery Projections Update

> ** Original Subject: RE: NBA Draft Lottery Projections Update
> ** Original Sender: "John Lyell" <johnlyell@hotmail.com>
> ** Original Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:54:21 -0800

> ** Original Message follows...

> Who are the center & point in the coming draft that are going to help us
> within 3 years ?

Surely, you jest!  Have you seen those manning the C's center and point guard
positions?

 I agree you don't trade for role players, but that is where
> talent evaluation comes in. We don't need any more projects, we need help
> now.

Then don't draft projects. For instance, the C's could have selected Mo Pete
Jamaal Magloire, Quentin Richardson,  Courtney Alexander, et al.,  in
the past draft - all of whom would have added a lot more than Jerome No Show.

> I don't see any Jason Kidd, Gary Payton or Shaq's on the horizon.  Maybe a
> Montross, Olowokandi, Reeves, Mihm  or two.

Eddie Griffin, Jason Williams, one out of the high-schoolers, and one or two others
all have impact player potential. They'll be some great players coming out of this
draft.
Ray