Re: NBA Draft Lottery Projections Update

> > Who are the center & point in the coming draft that are going to help us
> > within 3 years ?
>
> Surely, you jest!  Have you seen those manning the C's center and point
guard
> positions?

I did not say we had any talent, although Battie has improved some, but give
me some names that will make an inmmediate impact at the 5 spot ?

>  I agree you don't trade for role players, but that is where
> > talent evaluation comes in. We don't need any more projects, we need
help
> > now.
>
> Then don't draft projects. For instance, the C's could have selected Mo
Pete
> Jamaal Magloire, Quentin Richardson,  Courtney Alexander, et al.,  in
> the past draft - all of whom would have added a lot more than Jerome No
Show.

Magliore sucks, Alexander can;t even get in the game. I do like Richardson.

> > I don't see any Jason Kidd, Gary Payton or Shaq's on the horizon.  Maybe
> > Montross, Olowokandi, Reeves, Mihm  or two.
>
> Eddie Griffin, Jason Williams, one out of the high-schoolers, and one or
two others
> all have impact player potential. They'll be some great players coming out
of this
> draft.
> Ray

Eddie Griffin would create the same problem with Walker that Fortson caused,
no room at the 4. Williams is questionable at the pro level. Marty Blake and
many other pro scouts have stated the high schoolers are far from even ready
for college.

<wayray@ix.netcom.com>