Bucks game

All in all a nice game by the C's. Excellent defense throughout. Walker was
cold in the first half but warmed up in the second. He played the entire game
but wasn't the rebounder we saw in the previous two games...We were really
playing well and had a four point lead. Pierce came back in and was a little
cold. Walker also appeared tired to me after having no rest in the second
half. Walker tried his thing from the left wing twice with no avail. Pierce
tried to slash twice looking for a miracle shot or foul and nothing to show
for it. They started a play with Stith on the right post but he passed out
since he is much more successful from the left post. So we just couldn't get
anything on the offensive end when we needed a basket. We went down by four
and Brown turned an ankle. Our next opportunity saw Kenny snake to the basket
to put up a weak attempt resulting in a fast break three score on the other
end. Now that sounds familiar, doesn't it? Then we try Stith on the left
post, under great pressure, he throws it away. Then little Cassell calls for
the ball so he can post up Kenny in the post and he scores to put us down by
9 with two minutes left and the game over. A great effort that was just lost
by just not getting the ball to the people in their favorite spots to score.
Otherwise, it was a great effort...I still love Palacio on D. He seems to be
quite weak offensively. He will pass the ball up the court and seems really
unselfish.  He had a nice pentration to lay down to V who got his shot
blocked. I would like to see Palacio pentrate more to see what he can
create...It is something to see Pierce break open on the wing early in the
halfcourt offense to see Kenny just look at him and continue to pound the
ball....It was embarassing to see Cassell call for a post on Kenny...I really
liked the substitution pattern for the first time this year. Pitino subbed
Griffen in for Pierce early along with Kenny for Palacio and VP for Battie.
Thereby we bring back some offense and deffense and still have Walker in
there. Then, we subs out Walker and Stith and brings back Battie and Pierce.
Again he brings back some offense and defense. Very nice and there was some
nice continuity. Griffen got three fouls and he had to go with Eirk Williams
so it wasn't paradise but left hope for the future....Griffen continues to
look better but still has a ways to go....If you think that Tommy complains
about the refs, you should have heard the Buck announcers. It was unreal.
Sure the Celts were shooting more free throws but the Celts were going to the
basket where the Bucks were content to shoot from outside...With the game
tied near the end of the game, Battie was guarding Glen Robinson. He did a
great job but Robinson scored anyways. Here again was an instance showing
that Battie can play small forward or at least should be playing power
forward....Note that the Bucks no. 1, Prsybilla, didn't play just like Moiso
didn't...

                                       .........Merry Christmas!......

DJessen33