Re: Stuck, "in the mud."

<When a few calls, in the 4th Q., went against Dallas, Nellie got up and
scowled ferociously, there was not another call against him for the rest of
the game. The fourth quarter was a parade of Mavericks to the line. Stith got
called for two hand checks, nothing fouls, not affecting the play, while
Pierce was mugged for the whole quarter. Held, pushed, bumped etc. It was
like Dallas had him tied to a chair and gagged. We could hardly get a pass to
him.>

I agree that they could have called a foul on Hubert Davis in the fourth.
However, the Celtics did nothing to showcase it to the refs. You would think
a foul is a foul but you know there are a lot of fine lines in this game.
Reggie Miller and John Stockton know how to showcase fouls (and invent them).
Pierce needed to get the ball, whether he and the point guard met for a
person to person exchange or he would get a double screen. But you would
think a coach would direct a way to get the ball to the hot man (and your go
to player) (Kenny shouldn't have to be told this but we have already
discussed his lack of leadership)...Once Pierce has the ball, you know you
could have got a couple of quick calls on a guy who was overplaying as much
as Davis was. So I don't blame the lack of calls on the refs.  I blame it
mostly on the coaching and a little on the players...

DJessen33