RE: [Celtic_Pride] Re: The Truth about Cats and Pitinos

I agree with your assessment here but I think and what I believe Josh may
have stated this before :Are Walker and Pierce "star" players?
Statistically, they both average 20 points, are among the league leaders in
3pt% but neither are bona-fide all-stars.  Everyone in the West has a
bonafide all-star and some have two.  In the east, it's not as clear.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this:  If Duncan and Robinson, Shaq and
Kobe, Malone and Stockton, Webber (by himself), Garnett (by himself) bring
their A games (shoot 50% from the floor, double-doube), they will win 80% of
those games, almost 100% if at home.  If Walker and Pierce bring their A
games, its still a coin-flip on whether they will win the game.

The stars above draw so much attention that the supporting cast gets better
looks at the basket, or better 2nd chances.  Pierce and Walker do not draw
the attention of other superstars because most teams know that they will
force the issue and not exhibit much in the way of patience when playing
offense.  I mean if Pierce and Walker commanded double-teams then the ball
should be rotated to Stith for uncontested jumpshots or drives to the
basket.  It doesn't help much when the Celtics have no low-post scorer yet
another difference between the duos above.  Walker is not a power forward at
all and does not have much of a post-up game.

Oh well, I'm not sure what the fix is but I'd definitely scrap the press and
I'd play Blount and Moiso and people I would want to find out about for next
year.

The record of the Celtics do not indicate how bad this team is.  They'd be
just about the worst team in the West and they can only hope that Denver's
revolt turns into a 20 win season so we can have two top-ten picks next
year.