Re: [Celtic_Pride] The Truth about Cats and Pitinos

OK.  Over the past day or so, I have tried to point out how Philly has been
able to move to this level, but, with no offense intended toward Simon, I
don't know if he has received the messages.

Disgruntled C's fans have called for a complete overhaul of the team in its
present state and called for draft picks.  I mentioned that Philly has
acquired the following players via free agency or trades:

Kukoc, Ratliff, Geiger, Lynch, Hill, Snow, Maxwell, McKie were all gotten
that way, to the credit of the GM and coach.  They have assembled a fine
team to revolve around Iverson, but it was NOT done via the draft, other
than him.

So Philly was fortunate enough to be able to get decent players through
transactions, not through the draft.  For those of us waiting to take our
team to the next level as a result of the draft will take several more
years, right?  For example, Stith has already shown the benefits of that
deal IMHO.  If Herren had not gotten injured, it would have (still does to
me) solidify that the deal was a steal for us.   We are young enough as it
is.  We need a couple of veterans who are capable of making key
contributions, unlike Walter.  Preferably, one of them will be a big man.

Cecil