Re: The Truth about Cats and Pitinos

I agree with Cecil here. Or let me just say that it surprises me that fans are
eager to blame and discard the first two guys, rather than players 3 through
12. If we instead focused on the woeful lack of help our two captains are
getting, we might conclude that the principle reason we are only 9-12 right now
is because of the injuries and lack of talent in the supporting cast.

Sure, I wish Toine and Pierce were different players and I wish we could swap
them for equally talented or better players I like. But look at the damn makeup
of this team, what with all the injuries on top of it. Don't blame those two
for where we're at right now. And I wouldn't assume you'll get an equal-value
trade scenario, or that NBA teams that are eventually successful typically get
there by flipping over their best talent when things go wrong, as opposed to
letting them grow around a progressively better supporting cast and in the
right system. If the right trade comes up, do it obviously. But get real about
why we are 9-12. This year's consensus most valuable supporting cast members
are a girlie-man center, a Denver chicken McNuggett veteran reject, and Eric
Williams who admits he didn't pick up a ball OR exercise all summer. McCarty
has gradually worked his way up to double-digit minutes of playing time on this
roster, based on his ability to miraculously connect on one out of every four
shot attempts. Things are really bad right now.