Re: Pitino lost Pacer game

>From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
>
>Why would Pitino make the decisions he makes? For the
>lottery...................

Are you suggesting that Pitino is tanking the games?  If you are,
that's just ridiculous.

>Funny when other's and myself were critical of
>the team's leadership we were ridiculed. The evidence was ripe long ago.

What evidence?  You mean all the games you _don't_ watch?  This is a
lot like that theory that frogs come from mud.  There's mud, and then
there's frogs, so one must have come from the other.  Pitino's got
weaknesses (coaching issues, system issues, GM issues) and the team
is in a slump.  Must be Pitino's fault.  Plus, don't sell yourself
short, Dan, I think you were ridiculed for much more than being
critical of the leadership (sounds like a phrase you'd hear in
Congress, doesn't it?)

I hate when the teams loses; both because they lost and also because
it provides seeming justification for all the knee-jerk negativity
around here.  Is there someone on the list who can honestly tell me
that they didn't expect us to have a .421 winning percentage at some
point?  That we would have injuries?  That the defense would give up
layups?  That we would lose games that were very winnable?    That
Pitino would continue to scream and yell on the sidelines?  That,
sometimes, the players would just not seem to "get it"?  Who's being
unrealistic here?

It's like what I'm saying about the "Pitino Watch" folks: they
constantly predict that Pitino will leave, always picking out some
little thing to point to and interpret and say "See? He's leaving
because there are rumors that he wants to coach at Podunk State" or
whatever.  One day, they're bound to be right.  Even a stopped watch
is right twice a day.  You can be critical all you like, but what
real purpose does it serve?  (I've got a prediction that's going to
be 100% on the money: Pitino will stay until he leaves.  I'm so proud
of myself.)  If certain conditions aren't met at the end of the
season, I'll call for Pitino's resignation, too, but I'm under no
illusions that that will matter.

Bill, Celtibus "tirdicana"

P.S. Having said all that, the team really needs to pick up the
defense in a big way.  Not going to win games without it.  They're
actually making (slow) progress offensively.  Walker's playing well,
Pierce pretty well, Stith fairly solid, and Battie is actually
semi-consistent.  Not bad.  Now, if they could only keep the other
team from scoring more points then the C's... .
--
wm. l. bird
mailto:birdw@aloha.net