RE: Brown on the Celtics...I'm confused.

>Anyone who thinks Pitino is holding these guys back is kidding themselves.
>He loves to run. His players don't. As usual around the Celtics, the players
>are winning that vote.

>Mark

Well I disagree with that statement.  Pitino is trying to prove that his
"system" will work in the NBA.

He ignores offensive matchups and has PG's defending Centers as part of the
defensive rotation.

He ignores the different skills of the individual players and still calls
for the PF to bring the ball up the court when it is McCarty in place of
Walker.

He appears to ignore low post scoring/teaching and doesn't have any set
offensive plays.  Pick and Roll, what's that?

He is not in control of this team and it's his fault.  He allows players to
shoot from outside, with no one under the rim and 18 sec. on the shot clock.
Time and time again.  He allows lackluster defense by his Captains.

He needs to lose 10 or 12 of his college assistants and bring in people with
NBA playing experience as assistants.  He needs to realize his system, as it
is today, doesn't work with this team against NBA players.

I used to believe the same as you appear to believe.  I don't anymore.

That said, Let's kick Indiana's butt's tonight.  I'll be cheering the whole
team on from Row 1 tonight.

<Jim