Brown on the Celtics...I'm confused.

>    ``We're just not communicating on defense still,'' Brown said.
>``That's one of our main points. The most important thing we have to get
>the concept of is if we're in transition defense, nobody has a man. If I
>have to be on Kevin Garnett in transition defense, that's the way it has
>to be. And we haven't gotten that down yet.<P>

You know, maybe I'm being picky here, but what the hell is so hard about
the above? After how many years of playing basketball...I mean....isn't
this kind of basic? And why isn't the "coach" getting this across to the
players. It seems to me that something is terribly wrong here. And Brown's
right about this team's inability to get easy baskets. Has this team ever
gotten easy baskets during the Pitino years? Has Pitino figured out a way
to use all that athleticism? Something's wrong here. Does Pitino have the
stupidest players in the NBA or is he putting them in a position where it's
apparently impossible for them to succeed. I guess what I'm asking...is
Pitino making this whole thing too difficult for these guys by mis-using
them somehow?

Am I being clear?

Paul M.