Re: Walker won't work here... sigh

At 05:12 PM 08/28/2000 -0700, Cecil wrote:

>Not a good feeling to have the home fans boo you.  But they need to realize
>that no player can be perfect every night.

Cecil,

my feeling of Boston fans (and this holds true at Fenway) is that they
don't boo to much without cause and they rarely boo when you give them an
honest day's work.  The fans boo for the same things Walker gets hammered
here.  Not learning from mistakes, not doing the things that the fans think
are important for improvement.  I don't think Mo was not valued for his
charity work.  And I don't think he was booed for poor performance. I think
he was booed for saying things about leaving the team and I think he was
booed when his actions suggested that he put himself above the team.
Likewise, Walker doesn't get booed because he misses shots; he gets booed
when he consistently jacks up shots that makes it look like he is not
interested in learning from mistakes.  He will get booed at the mere hint
of flab because he won't look like he cares enough about the team to help
them get better.

bill