Re: Closing Window of Opportunity

Hey folks,

I know all of Celtic Nation is depressed over the "Captain's Comments."  And
I agree that his remarks were ill-advised to say the least.  But I don't
think all is lost because Toine's head is not yet where we want it.  There
are other players who have something to say about the success or failure of
the C's also.

Employee #8 has got to be smarting over SAR's inclusion to the Olympic
roster.  I would want to think that RP would be able to use that as one
specific motivational tool to inspire him to come to camp in shape and
determined to atone for past indiscretions.  As a captain, one of his
responsibilities is to lead by example.  Coming in flabby and being
unwilling to pay the price physically is the worst possible example to set.

Now y'all know I have supported this team to the point of ridicule and I
will continue to do so.  I do want to point out the fact that Toine said he
did not want to leave Boston.  The gooves baited him into the whole trade
scenario in the same vein as when Mo Vaughn mentioned that he wouldn't mind
playing in Toronto a few years ago.  Of course, the phrase "if you were to
leave Boston" was omitted giving the appearance that Mo indicated he would
like to leave to play in TO.  Toine, to his credit, said he preferred to
stay here and finish what was started.  He also said that defense was the
problem moreso than the offense.  I agree with him on that point.  And I
hope that Moiso and Blount will be able to lend a hand to step it up a
little as well as a healthy AG.

I certainly understand how people are frustrated and pissed off right now.

Cecil