Re: Toine on WEEI

>If the Celtics start out poorly this year, and Pitino gets on Antoine, well
>lets just say, Antoine Walker might not be a Cetlic much longer... "

Well...this got me up. This was a long boring summer for Celtics fans until
today. After this interview, I fully expect Antoine to be gone very soon. I
actually look forward to seeing him play for another coach. It probably
should've happened sooner. Best thing for everyone. I wouldn't doubt that
Pitino's phone is ringing off the hook now. With any luck, for all of us
out here in the Northwest anyway, he gets traded to Portland or Seattle.
O'Neil and Wells for Antoine sounds good from Portland's point-of-view.

You all know I love Antoine, but I just don't see how the team can
continually deal with the Pitino/Walker problem every summer and be
successful. Ricky's not going anywhere, unfortunately. I'd much rather move
Pitino out but, no such luck I'm afraid.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that at this point there's a
mini-firesale for Antoine and when the dust clears Paul Pierce becomes "the
franchise." Pitino has his work cut out for him.

Who knows, perhaps Antoine's already been informed that a trade is close
and that's the cause of this latest outburst. Wasn't there a report a few
weeks ago of a big trade involving a Celtic player. Jersey Red? Oh
Christ...I'm referencing Jersey Red now. I'm going back to bed.

This is at least a lot better than a "Chris Carr becomes a Celtic" press
conference.

Paul M.