Re: The thing with this season is...

>Don't be fooled by Pitino adding a lot of bench players. That's
>all well and good for depth, but it doesn't negate the fact that
>the same people with same inherent flaws will be playing the
>majority of the minutes. If these same people weren't good enough
>to get the done during easier times, what happens this season?
>Ray

This has been a team full of backups for years now. Way's right about them
missing the playoffs again unless Ricky has something up his sleeve. Pitino
will essentially have given up the season if he doesn't do something to
upgrade the talent of the players who are on the floor for most of the
minutes, that is, the starters. Look at the pointguards. Kenny is the best
of the lot by a mile. He couldn't possibly play any better than he did last
year...and last year he was a step above worthless. Well, "worthless" might
be a little harsh....,but no. He was miserable.

Mark...say it with me now. "Pierce and all those picks. Pierce and all
those picks. Pierce and all those picks." Pitino's already considered a
failure and has the record to prove it. He has to take a chance at success.
So far he's done nothing this summer but play it safe.

Paul M.