Re: NBATALK Rumors

Lets see, what team have you been watching the last 2 years??  They went to the finals WITHOUT EWING 2 years ago, and continue to play much, much better without him.  Losing Ewing at all improves this team, let alone getting Baker & Rice.  This is a "steal" of a deal.  Troy
----- Original Message -----
From: David Darlington
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 7:14 PM
Subject: Re: NBATALK Rumors

Are you kidding??????  This trade is a disaster for the Knicks!  Who is going to play center?  Vin Baker and Travis Knight??  YUCK!!!  Alonzo Mourning and Pat Riley are laughing their way to the top of the East.  Baker is a PF and has had two straight down years.  I think ESPN called his contract "the biggest mistake since Shawn Kemp's contract."  Besides, he is too out of shape to play in the NBA, let alone a center in the East.

And speaking of fat --- Glenn Rice?  How much is he going to complain playing behind some combination of LJ, Spree, and Allan Houston at SF?  Please.

The Knicks need to make another move, obviously.  Else they are really shot. I like the deal proposed on this list earlier, but I don't think the Knicks would give up Houston and Childs for VP and Kenny.
-d