C's Sign Chris Carr

http://www.nba.com/celtics/carr_000821.html

Carr Rides into Boston

BOSTON, Aug. 21 — The Boston Celtics announced today that they signed
veteran free agent guard Chris Carr to a contract. Terms of the deal
were not disclosed.

"We are excited to have Chris on our team," said Celtics President and
Head Coach Rick Pitino. "He adds to our athleticism and gives us
additional scoring at the wing spot."

 Carr
The 6-6, 220-pound Carr appeared in 57 games last season for the Golden
State Warriors and Chicago Bulls. The five-year NBA veteran averaged 9.3
points and 3.0 rebounds per contest, including a 9.8-point and
3.2-rebound per game average with the Bulls over the last 50 games. The
26-year old Missouri native had a stellar second half of the season with
Chicago where he was the team's fourth-leading scorer, including 29
double-digit scoring nights, 10 of which were 15 points or more. Carr
also averaged 5.6 points and 1.9 rebounds in seven games with the
Warriors.

The 1994-95 Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year averaged 22.0
points and 7.3 rebounds at Southern Illinois University as a junior
before being drafted in the second round of the 1995 NBA Draft (56th
overall) by the Phoenix Suns. Carr has also seen action with the
Minnesota Timberwolves (1996-98) and the New Jersey Nets (1999).