Re: NBATALK Rumors

Everybody in the East is making out like bandits except us.  "and the Pistons".  This is a monumental trade for the Knicks!  With the Magic, Heat and Knicks doing these things, it just makes it much more obvious how truly nonexhistant and pathetic Pitego's leadership"lack thereof" is.   Other teams can make major moves with/without salary cap, but not us.  Yes, I know, you have to give something to get something, but many teams are trading good players for picks and to free up salary.  We do neither, we stand pat and sign 10 year 2nd string point guards to 7+ milion dollar contracts.  I know we got a draft pick from Fortson, but I don't believe for a second that Pitego deserves the credit here.  Only Fortson and his agent.  At least, maybe, Detroit has a game plan to get under the cap and rebuild, we don't.  We do the same old thing over and over.

I really cannot understand Detroit. They are doing a salary dump now.... However, they massively overpaid Ben Wallace earlier this off-season and have commited long term contracts to three point guards (Hunter, Atkins and the rookie, Mateen Cleaves). All three will demand playing time which means that Lindsey Hunter is out of the door.

If the Pistons are attempting to get Chris Webber, then they shouldn't have paid Ben Wallace so much. What Chris will be left thinking with Detroit is "Right, they've over-paid for a player at my primary position. Theres no way that I'm going to be left playing center and the Pistons proved that with a better lineup, not to mention Grant Hill that the club barely scraped through into the playoffs the past few seasons. Ahh, I think I'll stay in Sacramento where the weather is warm."