Re: C's Did Kinda Get The Short End Of The Slop Bucket as Regards the 4-Team ...

<< Very good point and question.  I agree that the Jazz got the most out of
 this trade, basically getting Marshall, a proven double-double player,
 for their No. 1 in 2001.  And Marshall is probably well worth his contract,
 which ends in 2002. >>

You are dreaming. Utah got the worst of this deal, IMO. The Warriors have
been looking to dump Marshall and his huge contract for the last couple of
years. He still has two years left on his contract. And you seem to forget
that the Jazz had to also give up Eisley, who probably is the best player in
this deal. So the Jazz gave up Eisley and a no. 1 for a capclogger backup and
a project. If we had done that, Pitino would have been laughed out of
town....I like Robert Pack but I also think Ray gave him an appropriate
nickname "Ice-Pack"....The reason no one gets excited about the Celts end of
this deal is that we really haven't done anything to improve the team this
offseason other than add a couple of backup point guards and a rookie who
just will add a little scoring off the bench. I think both will help but not
that much to get excited over. Like Bulpett said, our real improvement will
have to come from within, the hopeful final maturity for Walker and Pierce....

DJessen33