draft picks

We keep talking about having 3 picks in next year's deep draft. But, the
draft seems so great now because everyone seems to be assuming that all the
stud high-school-seniors-to-be will be coming out for the draft next year.
That may not be the case. I would guess that many of them would go to
college at least for a year. This would make the 2002 draft just as deep as
the 2001. Plus, that year the Denver pick is just top-3 protected as
opposed to being top 5-protected next year. I say we hold onto the Denver
pick for another year and not trade it or use it in 2001, unless we have
some reason to believe that Denver is going to be vastly improved by then,
or if they come in at #6 next year and a stud is going to be there.

>Oustanding drifter is more like it - We can have a contest
>between Battie and Moiso to see which one shows up
>for more games.
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe this can be a new feature in Bill Cooper's
game recaps? I can see it now:

     "Tony Battie: 10 pts, 7 rbs. 2 blocks, count him as show tonight.
That's 14 shows in 23 games.
       J. Moiso : Was seen ordering cotton candy during timeout. 10 shows
in 23 games to date."

Nathan A.