Re: BSG Says It's A Blah Trade

We're just going to have to agree to disagree here, Ray.

The Celts certainly could use an upgrade at 2-guard over Adrian, but would
C. Alexander really be an upgrade? You say Alexander is a star, while Moiso
is an average player. Alexander was a college star-there's a big difference.
He played for a team, in a system, that allowed him to take 25 shots a game.
It was all he had to do. He's not a great shooter, either. He's a decent
shooter, but more of a scorer than anything else. Not to mention the guy is
a nut job. He's the last thing we needed on a team with bad chemistry
already.

Moiso, on the other hand, seems like the classic example of the player whose
pro career will exceed his college career. He played on a team with a lot of
talent and no direction. As usual in those situations, the big men suffer
most. The guards dominate the ball and the shots, and guys like Moiso and
Dan Gadzuric were left to the scraps. You say Alexander was the better
player. I say we'll see.

This reminds me of the Stackhouse-Theo Ratliff trade a few years ago.
Everyone thought the Sixers got robbed at the time, until Theo Ratliff
became a game-changing defensive presence and Stackhouse showed he can't get
along with anyone-and has never seen a shot he doesn't like (hello,
Courtney!). Well, Stackhouse certainly is the better scorer, but I think
Philly fans would argue who the better player is. And that's the problem
with judging players solely by stats. We'll see on Alexander and Moiso.

Mark