Re: Brown May Be The New Pervis

>From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
>
>During the 1998 - 1999 season he missed 53 games;

Quite a feat, considering there were only 50 games that year!

>1999 - 2000: 23 games.  I'm getting Pervis feelings all over again, as
>point guards in their 30's break down,  and playing in Pitino's
>pressing/trapping style will probably exacerbate the effect
>on Brown, who's shown a tendency to miss games in the last two seasons.

But, you are right.  He's missed several games every year he's been in the
league, and more the last couple of years.  Was a lot of that coach's
decision earlier in his career?  I don't know.  He won't be playing starter
mintues, though, like he has the past couple of seasons, which should help
his durability.

>And he can't shoot: Just .361 field goal percentage last
>season.

Yup.  No doubt about it, he's been a poor shooter his entire career.

>I don't know. I think someone like Jaque Vaughn might have been
>a wiser, younger investment.
>
>And as far as veteran leadership goes, what's Barros or Cheaney or
>Kenny there for?

I get the feeling Brown was signed as much for his attitude and influence as
for his skills.  And, of his skills, by far the most important was his
defense.  As far as your question goes, I have no idea what Barros and
Cheaney are there for.  Are you seriously suggesting that this team doesn't
need more veteran leadership?

Jim