Re: [Fwd: WALKER TO CHICAGO REPORTED!]

j.hironaka@unesco.org writes:

<< Frankly this trade rumor doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me and I
won't
 lose sleep over it, considering that to our knowledge Pitino never worked
out or
 expressed interest in Pfizer, at 6-7 he doesn't fit the roving shot blocking
 power forward role anymore than Fortson or Toine, he was a below-average
college
 rebounder (quite unlike Brand or even Odom), plus Pitino reportedly would
only
 trade Antoine for a proven, young NBA player. >>

Fizer measured in at 6-9, dispensing all the rumors that had him listed at
shorter heights.  He does seem like an anti-Toine though.  Very athletic,
stays in the low post, extremely hard worker.  This guy just dominated
everyone in college, although I don't know how that would equate in the NBA.

Like Mark Berry, I thought Brand would be a bust.  But he turned out to
become one of the best power forwards in the east.  But Fizer isn't exactly
Elton Brand.

But this team does need some kind of shake-up, even if it does drop the
talent level severely.  Maybe Boston is trying to go the way of Orlando
(trading away their superstar for cheap guys).  Too bad we don't have the
superstar appeal (i.e. $$$) they do.

Thndrblt31