Randy Brown Statistics

    Randy Brown should be a nice second unit pointguard for Pitino IMO,
provided he stays healthy.  Having said that, I'm not sure we can expect
much more offense from him than we got from Bruce Bowen (another
terrific defender). He'll earn his keep primarily as a sparkplug
defender on a second unit that (hopefully) will create a lot of havoc
and turnovers.

    Brown is a career .418 shooter who shot .361 last season and hasn't
shot over .420 in any of his last five NBA seasons. He is also a career
.205 on 3-pointers and .696 on freethrows (but trending higher). Last
year he averaged 3.4 assists and 1.8 turnovers in 27.5 minutes. He owns
a career assist-to-turnover ratio of exactly 2:1, which is at the
"Mendoza line" for NBA backup pointguards.  By comparison, Barros is at
2.3 career assists per turnover.  Haywoode Workman is at 2.6. Bimbo
Coles is at 2.8. Gary Payton and Jason Kidd are at 2.8. Kenny a shade
over 2.9.  John Stockton is at 3.8.

    Last year, Randy Brown missed 22 games due to injuries: 15 because
of knee tendinitis, six because of lower back spasms and one because of
a bruised hand. He started in 55 of the 59 games he appeared in. Perhaps
not surprisingly, his season high 18 points came against Boston on Nov
13.

------