Re: onhoops profile of Randy Brown

OK, Randy Brown is a nice addition. He's a solid, veteran, defender at the
point guard spot. That's all well and good. We've used our $2.25 mill
exception. Fine. Now, can we get down to business, please?

Let's get serious about this. Pierce and cap fodder for J. O'Neal, Bonzi
Wells and Erick Barkley. It can work under the cap, and it makes sense for
both teams. Portland gets the eventual replacement for Pippen/Steve Smith,
while Boston gets its young, athletic center, a scoring swingman to replace
Pierce, and a young point guard to groom for a year or two. Plus, you
exchange a few untradeable contracts--probably some combination of
Barros/Williams/McCarty/Minor/Battie/Cheaney (geez, we have a lot of these,
don't we?)-for tradeable contracts.

Come on, Rick, let's get something done.

Mark