Fortson

Everyone worry's about losing Fortson for nothing.  We got a good first
round pick with him as well.  I can live with that in exchange for Mercer.
I'd like more, but I can live with it.

Fortson + ? for Mashburn?  I could live with that also.  Mashburn could be
an asset with Walker and Pierce and now Moriso.  He could be an asset with
next years two potential picks.  20 points a night from the 3 spot would
open the floor for everyone else.  The Celt's need someone like him for two
years as a leader and scorer.  If he can bring Walker to the next level,
he's worth the roster spot all by it's self.

I think he could bring "a coach on the floor" attitude which would allow
himself to move to 6/7 man when the 2001 rookies are ready to play bigger
minutes.  You know he would support Pitino with the other players.  That's a
positive.

Let's give Pitino the tools to win with.

No one can he say didn't try to get players this year.  Sometimes the
smartest trades are the one's you didn't make. (Someone else said that I'm
sure...)

So far he has keep the 2001 picks, I'd love to see another one picked up in
whatever trade.  If we trade, let's add to the deal to get another pick, if
possible.

I'm impressed by next years, most likely, draft class.  We'd still be a few
years away.  But then you could start talking dynasty again.  If the Lakers
get a real 4, they will dominate for 4-5 years or more.  With Walker,
Pierce, Pot, Battie, Moriso, Williams, Griffen and 4 more top 15 first round
picks, this is a strong team and the oldest I mentioned will be 26-27-28?
This team will be ready to battle.  We'll have another 1 and another 5 by
then, as well as another 2/3, all from the draft.  The team will have a mana
gable payroll with up and coming young players.  It will be well positioned
if we shed contracts instead of capping ourselves out.  But we have a 3 year
window on that if it's a veteran who will add more to the team then just a
"player".

Thanks for listening......

<Jim