Addition by subtraction

We know that the Pistons are hurting for a small forward now that Grant
Hill is gone and Tim Thomas rebuked their overtures.  Do they have one of
the vaunted cap exceptions (trade, injury, or
wacko-center-retired-to-operate-sewage-treatment-plant-in-Israel)?

If they do have sufficient cap room, I wonder whether they'd be interested
in relieving the Celtics of their cap-clogging, small forward logjam and
taking Eric Williams for a lottery protected #1 in 2001.  Perhaps the deal
could be expanded to include Kenny Anderson, Lindsey Hunter (much more
reasonably priced) and Christian Laettner (whose contract is up after the
upcoming season).

This is not based on any rumor -- just throwing it out there.  Thoughts?

Michael Gooen