Fortson/Barry/Croshere

Re: Fortson -- Yes, I am all for trading him for
something if possible, but not Childs, Del Nothing or
Wahad for a $40 mil contract. That is saving face and
something I'd rather not see is another long term
anchor.

Barry was our draft in '93 (?) I remember his dad (who
was the poster boy for team play ;)) saying he did not
want his son playing for Boston. I think he was just
mad because at the end of his career he wanted to play
with Bird and get a ring. I believe Red was the one
who rebuffed him. Anyway, The C's won the title and
Barry had to interview McHale about the championship
(SWEET).Anywho, I believe we traded Barry for Alaa
Abdelnaby, who became a C's legend!

Croshere, yes it seems that teams will overpay and do
so for unproven commodities and while lots of teams do
it, you can look at the bright side, which is that is
they will go over the cap and be one less team to go
chasing in 2001, which should be a great year for us:
our top 10 pick and Denver's, assuming they aren't
given away.

Peace