Re: Nice Profile of 7-0, 255 pound Mark Blount

>From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
>
>Ex-Pitt center Blount changes lifestyle, gets shot at NBA with Celtics

Well, that's an *extremely* encouraging article.  I'm all for Poor, Hungry
and Driven, (PHD's) as Pitino likes to say. But Poor, Hungry, Driven and 7
feet, 255 lbs. (6% body fat) and with a fair amount of natural talent?  Wow.
  What a find.

If I had been told at the end of last season that the Celtics would be
adding a talented, hungry and solidly built seven-footer, an athletic rookie
big man and an exception level veteran point guard (not a Tyus Edny, Doug
Overton minimum-wager) this year, I'd have been pleased.  Of course, the big
men will have to live up to the praise the've been getting, and we don't
even know who the point guard is going to be, but I'm encouraged.

If Rick can find a veteran point who knows how to distribute the ball, think
of the difference that could make to the points-challenged second unit.  If
he can play tough defense when needed, think how much that will help down
the stretch, where the Celtics lost so many games last year.  A scoring
swing man would have been nice, but the Celtics' biggest needs last year
were another center and another point guard.  It looks like they'll get
both, plus a promising, athletic big man in Moiso.  My glass is half full.

Jim