Marshall

At 02:30 PM 08/01/2000 -1000, bird wrote:
>>From: "Michael Griffin" <mgriffin@rillc.com>
>That's a lot of money to pay for Austin Croshere.  I guess dreams
>that he would sign for the exception were just that -- dreams.  I
>think the NBA is exactly what you said -- teams overpay for unproven
>players.

Like we did with Tony Battie.

I'd love to see a Fortson for Donyell Marshall swap.  He's a 3/4, depending,
and has had some monster games. His UConn connection could provide him with
some warm fuzzy support, which would help him combat his usual shyness.  We'd
give him a green light (well, I guess the point is - would Pitino?) to go all
out.  The guy can score and rebound, and was made expendable by Antawn
Jamison.  If he's part of a team rather than the go to guy, the pressure isn't
quite as intense, and I would expect him to do quite well here.  He could
easily contribute more than Fortson was allowed to.

 --Ellie