Re: Armchair Duce

In a message dated 8/2/00 12:08:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
callmebogie@yahoo.com writes:

<< 2.  SIGN DANNY FORTSON.  Unless the C's can get something of value back
 (and I'd rather get NOTHING than a millstone like Vinny Del Negro -- maybe
 Ron Artest from Chicago in a 3 way with Golden State?) >>

Where did you hear we might get Ron Artest?  He's definitely someone I'd
trade Fortson for.  As a rookie, he was turning into a pretty good defender
and he's always been a scorer.  He'd be great as our starting two or as a
sixth man.

<< 4. The key:  Antoine Walker.  Rick, stop yapping about his "top five
 potential" and his lack of a routine.  GIVE HIM a routine.  Give him a
 clearly defined role AS A SMALL FORWARD (albeit one who plays down low on
 offense).  Apologize to him for having waited three years to do so.  Move
 to Chicago for the summer.  Move into Antoine's friggin' house if you have
 to.  Give him the following mission:  get in shape (not "Karl Malone"
 shape or "Scottie Pippen" shape, just BASKETBALL shape, if for no other
 reason than sparing us all the sight of Antoine's bloated belly hanging
 over his baggy shorts on opening night).  Work on lateral quickness and
 study film of every other NBA small forward so that he'll be ready to
 guard them.  Work on free throw shooting (with 75-80% as the goal),
 mid-range shooting (NO THREES PERMITTED) and the development of one
 consistent low post move.  Do those things, Antoine, and it's a return
 trip to the All-Star Game, a likely playoff debut, and silence from those
 who disrespect you.  Fail to do those things, Antoine, and Adrian Griffin
 starts, you become Danny Fortson's highly overpaid backup and everyone
 gives up on you.  Maybe even my daughter. >>

Ding, ding, ding, give the man a prize.  Rick needs to take at least some
control with Antoine.

Thndrblt31