No Subject

I like Antoine Walker as a player and think the Celtics are crazy if
they even consider trading him. The kid not only can play, he wants to
play. He cares about winning and that's something you can't say about
most of the players in the NBA. But Walker is also a good guy, which
brings us to a nice story. Lisa Seaver lives in Boston but teaches
fourth grade at the Moody School in Lowell. She and hubby Kevin are big
Celtics fans. Last summer, on a cruise to Bermuda with some Celtics
players, the Seavers bid at an auction to get Walker for a day. Walker
gave himself up for charity. Last Wednesday, Walker went to the school
and played with the kids. ''Antoine was just wonderful,'' said Mrs.
Seaver. ''The kids loved him. He told them how his class in school at
their age only had 12 children, and how important it is to stay in
school. He said, `Not everyone can be a professional athlete, so it is
very important to be a good person.' I had mentioned to him that one of
my students lived in a shelter, and when it came time for Antoine to
meet that student, he said he had something special to give him. Then he
pulled an autographed basketball out of a bag and gave it to him. He
made that student, and everyone else in the class, feel special.'' ...