No Subject

At the Celtics' big pow-wow last weekend in Paul Gaston's beautiful home
in Greenwich, Conn., it was decided that the team can't stand still and
improve simply by getting older. Attending were Paul's father, Don, Red
Auerbach, Rick Pitino, and Chris Wallace. It was pretty much decided
that the team has to sign a free agent or two, and should look to trade,
but not make one just for the sake of making a deal.

On the list of potential free agents they are interested in are two
Pacers, guard Mark Jackson, a favorite of Pitino's, and former
Providence forward Austin Croshere, who has shown great improvement this
season.

{I agree that the present mix isn't a good one especially from a
defensive perspective, but after Pitino's past moves, I'm leery
of what he'll do. I can see them signing Jackson to the $2.2
million exception, but Croshere methinks is in the $4 - $5 million
range. They're going to have to shuffle around a
lot of contracts to get under the cap, or do a sign and trade
to nab him. And I think Toine is on the Celtics endangered
species list.... Ray}