The Draft

As much as I hate to start thinking about the draft, there isn't much else for celtic fans to talk about for the next 2 months.  Based on our record, we will probably draft 10th or 11th, based on our coin flip with Orlando (they have the rights to Denver's pick).  I don't believe we have ever won a coin flip in this situation.  We'll share lottery combinations with Orlando (or Denver) which means we'll have 9 chances out of 1000 to get the top pick.  We have a 3.2% chance of getting a top 3 pick, but there is a 4.01% chance that one of the two teams behind us (Dallas or Orlando) would get a top 3 pick, moving us down to 12.  In fact there is a .04% chance that both Dallas and orlando would get a top 3 pick which would move us to 13, the last pick in the lottery.  How bad do you think our luck could get?

Chris Monter has rated the top 11 picks as follows:

Kenyon Martin
Marcus Fizer
Joel Przbilla
Courtney Alexander
Quentin Richardson
DerMarr Johnson
Mike Miller
Morris Peterson
Eric Barkley
Etan Thomas
Chris Carrawell

Assuming that his ratings are on the money, and that Chris Mihm, Stromile Swift, and Darius Miles all declare for the draft,  We are probably looking at one of the following players at 10 or 11:

Darius Miles
Morris Peterson
Eric Barklay
Etan Thomas

Its interesting that each of these guys bring a totally different dimension to the Celtics, and that each have a significant downside.  If I had my choice of these guys, i would probably go with Miles.  What do you think the Celtics will do?