Re: Celtics Easter Questionaire, please respond

> Hey all, a couple questions!
>
> 1)HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE THE CELTICS TO TAKE THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE
IN THE DRAFT? OR WOULD YOU RATHER THEY TAKE THE PLAYER THEY NEED TO FILL A
HOLE?
> A)Best Player
> B)Fill the hole

ALWAYS draft the best player available, unless you're one role player short
of a championship (such as a bench SG who can hit 3s).  If the best player
available when the C's draft is a PF or SF, TAKE HIM, even though we already
have Walker and Pierce.    The key is stock up on talent -- then trade from
a position of strength rather than need.  When you're 35-47, no one is
"irreplacable."

> 2)HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE CELTICS TRADE THEIR FIRST PICK
THIS YEAR, AND DENVERS PICK NEXT YEAR, AND A GUY TO BURN THEIR SALARY OFF
THE CAP(like Barros) FOR A VETERAN PLAYER THAT HAS GAME. NOT A GRAMDPA LIKE
KEVIN WILLIS? OR DO THEY SITE TIGHT AND KEEO THEIR PICKS?

> A)Make a deal with the picks
> B) Sit tight

Depend who you're getting.  I'm afraid Pitino would go for someone like
Kevin Willis.  Who do you think has game, and would fit on the Celtics? Matt
Geiger?  Theo Ratliff?  Bobby Sura?

Put me down for keeping the picks unless a blockbuster comes along.

> 3)HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE WALKER TRADED TO MOVE UP IN THIS YEARS
DRAFT FOR FIZER, OR MARTIN, OR TRADE HIM FOR SOMEONE ELSE? OR KEEP HIM FOR
THE POTENTIAL WE HAVE BEEN WAITING TO SEE CONSISTENTLY FOR 4 YEARS?

> A) Trade Walker to Move up In the Draft
> B) Trade him for outside help?
> C) Wait another year for consistence?

Based on his progress the last 30 or so games of the season, I'd say keep
him for another year.  Just keep him under 24-hour watch so he doesn't gain
30 pounds over the summer.

> 4)LASTLY, HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE RICK PITINO GO, OR HOW MANY
WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM STAY, AND TRY TO RIGHT THE GREEN TITANIC?

> A) Eat more Pasta
> B) Try a Steak?

C -- Keep Pitino the coach, fire Pitino the GM/President.  :)  I think we
need to dump Wallace and get someone who has the guts to stand up to Pitino
when he's trying to trade Paul Pierce for Sherman Douglas and Georghe
Murisan. :)  Can Pitino co-exist with someone who has power over him?  Will
Pitino be willing to coach a team that someone else, like Wayne Embry, has
assembled?  I have faith in Pitino the coach, but not the GM.    My solution
will never happen, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if
it did.
-d

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World